10 March, 2006

Wake Up, Stand Up

Over years I wanted to have a digital alarm clock which I could plug in to the power supply and forget till it blares me out of my sleep, deep sleep to be precise. Till now, innumerable number of them have retired with a minimal chance of success to wake me up once I have retired to sleep. Added to that, unaccounted number of turns for the mechanical ones with a blaring trrinnnggg sound and enough cells to keep the Big Ben running for a decade. The best "alarm clock" that I had during exam days was my mother whose success rate was around 99.99%. She had every functionality and preciseness of a digital clock like accurate wake up call, snooze functions ranging from 5 minutes to 1 hour(max), day-light saving (well her clock always ran 30 minutes ahead of mine) plus some early morning rebukes about my laziness. Believe me, it worked every time ! Now a days, my cellphone takes up the job to wake me up with minimum five reminders and one main alarm. Now I dont remember why I started writing this. Yeah, well I came across this on Slate. Have a look... I liked the RCA RP3720. Technorati tags: technology

No comments: