16 March, 2006

The cafe that is Odyssey....

Good cafes have been my weakness. Say India Coffee House in Kolkata or Cafe Coffee Day(CCD) outlet near XIM,Bhubaneswar. No comparision drawn. The first one is awesome with its ambience and humming sound. I have never missed to spend an hour or two, every time I had gone to Kolkata. Second one is good because of the cool windy Bhubaneswar evenings I have spent alone or with friends sipping Caffeine Kicks. When I came here, I was dissappointed with CCD's service. On weekends some CCD outlets force you to have their specials menu. And they never come under 100 bucks. Situated in Punjagutta, near the Central, Odyssey is a book store and cafe. Its a part of the Deccan Chronicle group. Its store has got a good collection of books, gifts, magazines etc. But what draws me here is its cafe downstairs. Quiet, never too crowded, great service, good food and strong Americano. And smoking is allowed over here. The waiters are not over friendly. Nice collection of music. No specific time to go there. If I feel like having a nice dose of caffeine and have some time to kill, I head towards Odyssey. After 2200 hrs is a nice time for me though. Now after shifting, my travel time is down to five minutes. If you happen to be in Hyderabad Central or PVR, you can check the place. Nearby is Frankfurt. An old book store, not the city. Actually, its from Frankfurt, how I got to the cafe. Odyssey's Americano = CCD's Caffeine Kick = A shot of espresso diluted in hot water = Layman's Black Coffee. technorati tags: Travelling Hyderabad India

No comments: