29 March, 2006

An habit revived...

Taking my bike out for a ride on the streets. Just to watch the "life moving". An habit backed up by nightouts. It had been a regular feature during my semester exam days when I went to get an early morning smoke.
Today's was my first feat in Hyderabad to catch the "life moving". A cool and quiet morning beckoned me after a long time. It was great to watch roads with speedy yet less traffic. People trying to reach their destination before the maddening traffic ruins the urgency. Others running/jogging before the "fats" and their sedentary life style catches on, rendering them useless with ailments. Small stalls surrounded with people waiting for their morning cuppa tea. Parade ground swarming with morning walkers and aspiring cricket stars. Some tired jogger pausing to catch some breath by the roadside. Restaurants being prepared for the breakfast to be served. Hawkers getting ready with their wares. Buses going relatively empty.
Then I came across a car crashed on to the Patni flyover. With the driver side completely crushed. May be an late night drunken crash. Or an early morning crash where the driver got a bit sleepy. Who knows ! Who wants to know? Life's moving. I too move.
One thing that strikes me, everytime I see early morning joggers/walkers, is a statement made by a teacher of my brother, "They are running to save their life."
Hilarious? Nopes, someday everyone will !
technorati tags: hyderabad life

3 comments:

Cosmic Voices said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cosmic Voices said...

would have been great if you had accompanied the post with some misty photos...

Durgesh said...

Would sure have. Camera has some probs.